I was researching about Chatbots during a hackathon, and consequently Deep Learning and AI. Here are some resources that I found helpful:
- Full Stack Python – How to Build Your First Slack Bot with Python: The Golden article. Fast and easy way to get started!
- How to Build an SMS Slack Bot in Python: Great if you want to incorporate Twilio with Slackbot. Actually, Twilio has excellent documentations for its API overall.
- Django: Since I am learning Django, here a short and simple tutorial on a Slackbot with Django backend.
- Build a Slack Bot that Mimics Your Colleague: Actually, I haven’t tried this one yet, but first glance looks fun and not too complicated. Next tutorial to try!
Articles & Blogs
- Chatbots Magazine – Intro to Bots: Title makes the topic pretty obvious. The whole magazine platform itself is very informative, and this article is good starting point. Subscribing to the magazine is a good way to keep oneself up-to-date
- Chatbots Magazine – How Bots, Messaging & AI Are Evolving: Like I say, lots of good articles. This is the one that actually drawn me to their website. Interesting perspective of different known figures in the field.
- WildML – Deep Learning for Chatbots, Part 1 Introduction: Excellent reading about the Deep Learning technologies that goes into the making of Chatbots, with a lot of additional resources listed if you want to learn more.
- Chatbot’s Life – Ultimate Guide to Leveraging NLP & Machine Learning for your Chatbot: This article was wrote based on the previous article I pointed out, so there is a lot of similarity, but the writer added more details explanations, and the language is also easier to read for beginners. Chatbot’s Life is another good online resources with plenty of articles.
Library & Quick References
Slack API: Of course, Slack’s own documentation is a must for anyone planning to do a chatbot in Slack.
Tools, Charts, & Lists
Botkit: THE Open-source toolkit for creating bots. I haven’t try it yet, but it seems pretty well-known and looks quite promising…